I have recently joined the bitcoin network, and generated PNG images from these excellent bitcoin vector graphics. I have extracted all relevant images, and converted each one into a PNG with transparancy, and in 60, 90, 300, and 600 DPI. All PNGs are recompressed with optipng -o9 to be as small as possible.
The zip file contains these images in 60, 90, 300, and 600 DPI:
Continue reading “Download Bitcoin Logos”
I’ve been playing a bit with QR code generators, and tried to generated a very small one for this homepage. This is the result:
The file is 21×21 pixels, and has just
178 165 bytes. It works with my cellphone from a distance of about 7cm, and gets you to http://martin.ankerl.com/.
How did I create it?
- Create very short URL to the link you want to create the QR code for. I’ve used j.mp with the customize link feature, and played a bit with special characters like _ until I got a working link.
- Create a QR code for this link, with low error code correction. This generator has this option.
- Open the file with your favourite image editor, cut off the border, resize it by factor 1/4 with resample to get a QR code where each black dot is one pixel wide.
- Save as .png, without any additional information.
- use IrfanView’s PNGOUT, and afterwards optipng -o9 to recompress the picture.
Can you make a smaller QR code with working weblink?