The highlighting looks like this:
Here is how to get this to work:
Install Erlang Language File
- Download the file erlang.lang.
- Copy the file to /usr/share/gtksourceview-1.0/language-specs/erlang.lang.
- Start gedit, open an Erlang file, and choose View > Highlight Mode > Sources > Erlang.
Automatically Recognize *.erl
If you want gedit to automatically recognize that all .erl files should be correctly highlighted, you have to define the mime type (more info is here):
- Create directory to override mime types, in the command line type
- Download the custom mime file Override.xml into this directory (if the file already exists, you have to copy the relevant lines by hand):
12cd ~/.local/share/mime/packageswget http://martin.ankerl.com/files/Override.xml
- Update the mime database by merging the file:
- Restart nautilus (or logout & login again):
There you go, Erlang code in all its glory. Happy hacking!